Re: testing service for mail client configuration?

On 2004-12-18, David Crossley <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I can successfully send to some mailing lists, but to others
> my mail goes into thin air.

> The "set envelope_from=" is not used. I had fears that some
> mail servers might block my mail if i did that. Is that a
> well-founded fear?

I think this may be your problem.  I have encountered mail servers
that rejected my mail unless the envelope From matched my
subscription address.  It can't hurt to try.

HTH,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division