Re: Threads & Charset (UTF-8) on MacOS X

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 01:27:58AM -0500, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 02:50:31PM +0900, Henry Nelson quoth:
> > From this experience, I might suggest checking that your terminal
> > definitions
> > for "uxterm" are exactly the same on both the Linux box and the MacOS box.
[...]
> Interesting... where would those terminal definitions be? I know both of

I think the most recent ncurses package does not overwrite the system
files, and puts the terminfo stuff into "/usr/local/share/terminfo".
All I can say is that that is where it (ncurses-5.4) installed the terminal
descriptions on my system.

> The one on OSX is compiled against ncurses 5.3-20031018 (from
> fink---which doesn't seem to have a version of ncursesw), and libiconv
> 1.9.2-11. The one on Debian is compiled against ncursesw5 5.4-4.

This is a HUGE hint for debugging on my system.  Thanks a million.

If you have the time and interest, you might try installing the latest
libncursesw on your OSX box, and then building Mutt against it.  It's
looking more and more to me like what glyphs you can get an application
to draw has a lot to do with the curses library it's linked to.

> Seems understandable. Perhaps it's an ncursesw thing? (that w seems
> quite important all of a sudden)

_w_ide.  Adds multibyte (both one-byte and two-byte) character support.

--
henry n.