Re: displaying the subject for a reply

* Donald Raikes [Fri, 03 Sep 2004 11:05:37 -0700]:
> Hello,

> I have noticed that on many of the email I receive which are replies
> to mail on a list, the only thind I get displayed in the subject
> column is "??>". Is there a way to get the correct subject to be
> displayed?

  that "??>" should form in fact a kind of tree, i.e., "threaded view".
  that you see "??>" and not the appropiate lines is a sign that your
  terminal is somehow broken (perhaps your locale is UTF-8 and your
  terminal is not in utf-8 mode, or viceversa), or that your font lacks
  those characters.

  you may also wish to try ":set nohide_thread_subject", which makes
  mutt behave like some other mailers.

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

The first step on the road to wisdom is the admission of ignorance. The
second step is realizing that you don't have to blab it to the world.