/bin/echo - Error when loading mutt

Hi,
i posted this message the last days , but it never showed up in
the list ... so i am posting again:

if i am starting my mutt i am getting a error like this:
/bin/echo: Schreibfehler: Broken pipe

it doesn't matter if i am running as root or as a normal user.

System is a Debian sid
Partition /     is a ext3   (hda1)
and       /home is a xfs    (hdb)
other partitions don't exist.

There is a symlink from /var/mail/<user> ->/home/<user>/Mail/mailbox
that's because my hda is to small. Both drives don't have errors
(checked with badblocks) and the fsck runs fine about them.

mutt is starting and i can work with it.
i also tried it with a non-existing .muttrc in my homedir, but its the
same.

glad 'bout any help,
rainer

--
so long,
Rainer Bendig aka mindz                 PGP/GPG key   (ID: 0xCC7EA575)