Re: SMTP Auth (yes, I know, it doesn't)

Quoting Gerald V. Livingston II (gerald.mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx):

> Right now if I try to send an email out it sets the "From:" header
> properly but Exim sets the "Sender:" header to the localhost username
> which is not a valid email address (user@localhost) because "user" is
> not "trusted" by Exim to alter the "Sender:" header.

I have no clue how to have mutt 'talk SMTP' to your MTA, but I do know
you can tell Exim what users are allowed to set the From header...

You might want to look up on the 'trusted_users' setting in exim.conf,
or when you dont trust yourself, you might want to look up on
'untrusted_set_sender'.

> Am I just going to have to find another text mode MTA?

No. ;)

Regards,
Sander.