Re: Rotating through mailboxes???

* Magnus Therning <magnus@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [18-08-2004 22:49]:

> Is there a way to tell mutt that the list of mailboxes should be scanned
> for new messages in a rotating fashion instead of scanning from the top
> of the list every time?
>
> Since I am on a few high-traffic mailing lists I often end up doing
> 'back-jumps' to already visited boxes just because of a single new mail.

mailboxes in mutt are defined in order of importance.  It's the way mutt
works.  The first solution to do what you want that jumps into my mind
is rebinding 'c' in each folder (using a folder-hook) to do:

  "unmailboxes <current folder>; mailboxes <current folder>"

unmailboxes is in the development branch of mutt since 1.5.2 or so.
To avoid the list of folder-hooks to grow, you might want to check out
the current_shortcut patch of Byrial Jensen, see:

  http://home.worldonline.dk/byrial/mutt/patches/

HTH,

--
René Clerc                      - (rene@xxxxxxxx) - PGP: 0x9ACE0AC7

Retteb sif lahd, noces ehttub, but the second half is better.
-A palindrome