Re: uuencode and Mutt

* On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 Vivek Kumar (vivekk@xxxxxxxxxx) muttered:
> uuencode abcd.pdf abcd.pdf | mail -s "$target_desc" $target_user
>
> Everything is working fine except few users get garbage instead of
> attachment of pdf file. Its starts with begin abcd.pdf then all
> garbage and at the end there is word "end".

that's what uuencode is all about. Everthing is working fine as it
should. The provider does not matter in this case except of cause a
crappy web interface.

> Someone told me to solve this probelm send the message in MIME encoded
> format

that's a wise idea nonetheless. :)

> so he asked me to use mutt instead of above uuencode command.
> Now I don't know how can I use mutt and get the job done.

mutt -a abcd.pdf -a abcd.pdf -s "$target_desc" $target_user < [aixes
idea of /dev/null]

HTH,

Michael
--
BOFH excuse #209:

Only people with names beginning with 'A' are getting mail this week (a la
Microsoft)

PGP-Key: http://www-stud.ims.uni-stuttgart.de/~tatgeml/public.key