Encoding Japanese Characters in a totally English environment

Hi,

First of all, I still do not know if vi automatically wraps my emails...if it
does not, I need your understanding because I still need plenty of reading on
mutt.
I have been slowly changing my MUA from Mozilla Thunderbird to mutt...I have
been planning to this for a long time now and I think I am now in the process
of completely replacing my MUA to mutt. One little problem is, I need to read
and encode japanese characters.
Anybody using mutt that is capable of encoding japanese and of course reading
characters? Can you guys share your settings to me?
I am using FreeBSD 5.2.1-Release and I have installed mail/mutt and
japanese/rxvt from the ports.
Thank you in advance for any help and advice.
By the way, I have posted this same email to the FreeBSD Japan Users mailing
list and I am also hoping responses from them, but it seems that none has
responded yet so, I thought I will it here and maybe someone can help me.
Have a nice day to all of you and I hope to hear anything.

Srot BULL