Re: charset question

Thank you for your responses!

also sprach Adeodato Simó <asp16@xxxxxxxxx> [2004.07.16.2041 +0200]:
>   I've written a dummy message with only ascii chars and I receive
>   it with a "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii", of
>   course.

Weird. Now it seems to work here too. Can you confirm that this
message (which I sent unsigned because only unsigned messages have
been problematic) is using us-ascii and not utf-8?

>   [as a side note, note that the "latin1:" bit is not necessary, since
>   latin1 == iso-8859-1 IIUC.]

i thought so, but then didn't bother to check and since it doesn't
hurt...

>   I don't understand what you mean by "send a message as a plain
>   RFC822 message", other than following the steps I said first.
>   Can you be more explicit?

as in: don't sign it with GPG so that the message itself is not sent
as a mime part.

also sprach David Yitzchak Cohen <lists+mutt_users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
[2004.07.16.2108 +0200]:
> You'll notice that this message comes out tagged as us-ascii, as well.

Sure. It was signed too. I never had a problem with signed messages.

Somewhat confuzzled, but grateful for your resonses,

invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: madduck.bogus@xxxxxxxxxxx

echo '[dO%O+38%O+PO/d0<0]Fi22os0CC4BA64E418CE7l0xAP'|dc