Recovering for broken imap sessions

Every once in a while my wireless quits working.  If my connection
fails when I'm composing a message and I don't notice then when I hit
"y" to send the message Mutt will say "Sending message..." (or some such
thing) and hang.

I can get my wireless connection back up and then use mutt in another
window.  But, I can't seem to get Mutt to realize that the connection is
back up and reconnect to the imap server.

Any tricks to make mutt give up on the existing connection and start a
new one?

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@xxxxxxxx