mutt 1.4.1i on FreeBSD does not announce new mails

Hi,

I am using mutt 1.4.1i on FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE.

This is my problem:
I open mutt by running "mutt". So I type "c" to open the next mailbox that
includes new mails.
Here is my definition of mailboxes in my .muttrc:

mailboxes \
=anacron \
=calendar \
=changetrack \
=daily_output \
=ddclient \
=monthly_output \
=security \
=systemcheck \
=weekly_output

Now mutt gives me information (by typing "c") about the next mailbox which
includes new mails up to
calendar (new mails in "anacron" and in "calendar" are indicated) but not
for the rest of the mailboxes (changetrack, daily_output etc.)

So I changed this entry to

mailboxes `echo $HOME/Mail/*`
# Choosing all mailboxes in a directory

And suddenly all (next) mailboxes including new mail are indicated by typing "c"

I cannot find the error in my script particularly I am using the same format
of the mailboxes-entry in a .muttrc file of a normal user where it works
perfectly.

Thanx for any hints and help(s)

Oliver
--