Re: how can i use gotmail to fetch my mail@xxxxxxxxxxx

* bing yu <byu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2004-05-20 09:27 +0200]:

> #apt-get install gotmail
>
> then i run got mail, it didn't work.
>
> tar@SIM:~$ gotmail -u user -p pwd
> Gotmail v0.6.6    Copyright (C) 2000 Peter Hawkins
> Gotmail comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
> under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details.
>
> Getting hotmail index page...
> Logging in...
> Exiting abnormally, cleaning temp files.
> tar@SIM:~$
>
> and  where is the gotmail config file ?
>
> any suggestion is welcome. thank you.

This isn't a Gotmail list, I suggest you find the appropriate forum and ask
there. Having said that.. I assume it's a script that interprets the Hotmail
website. That copyright date is rather old and Hotmail changed their
interface last year, so I doubt your version of Gotmail can handle it. Try
upgrading to something from after about September last year (I think that's
when Hotmail changed). Or, better yet, sign up for a non-US Yahoo! account
and POP your mail instead.
--
Joshua 'bruce' Crawford ... http://www.geocities.com/mortarn

You can lead a man to slaughter, but you can't make him think.