Re: how mutt pipes multiple messages

On 2004-05-03, Norvell Spearman <norvell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When more than one message is tagged and I send them to an external
> command, exactly how are they sent? one-by-one or an mbox file created
> on-the-fly containing all the tagged mails?  I ask because I use
> spamprobe and it expects files or standard input to be one message and
> it has a switch for when you pass mbox files to it, and I'm not sure
> whether sending the wrong format will skew the Bayesian statistics.

You can pipe multiple messages either way.  This behavior is
controlled by the 'pipe_split' variable.  This is described in the
manual.  In either case, each message begins with the '^From ' line.

HTH,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division