Re: Quote indentation string and multilevel quoting

* On 2004.04.07, in <20040407230949.GC15818@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
*       "Michael Kjorling" <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That is, if the first character of a line is a quote indicator, don't
> add the space, otherwise do add the space after my quote indicator (in
> this case a greater-than sign, `>').
>
> Any suggestion on how to set something like this up in Mutt/1.4.2.1
> would be greatly appreciated. I am aware of the possibility of
> changing the indent_string setting, but that only accomplishes half of
> what I want.

I would look at $editor: perhaps set it to the name of a script that
performs the transformation you want (using sed, perl, python, whatever
you're most comfortable with) and execs your real editor using the argv
of the script. If you need more precise ideas than that let us know....

--
 -D.    dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx        NSIT    University of Chicago