Re: mutt or vi question..

> > 'par' - the paragraph reformatter ...

> That looks pretty cool.

Heh, honestly, it's so complex that I use it rarely and have to read &
experiment each time.

> > If at all possible, telling people to be more considerate in how they
> > send is the better option.

> Yeah, that really works :-)

Heh, yeah, it's not always practical.  Mailing lists are probably the
only place where mail-etiquette czars achieve anything, but I have seen
people correct their behaviour before.  As for people who unwittingly
use broken mail clients, well, off-lists they likely have to be lived
with (sometimes literally).  Hmmmph!

> To the person with the long lines and whose mail client shows them
> wrapped text, you are the one being intrusive by asking them to change.

Yes, definitely, asking someone to change _is_ intrusive.   That's not
to say it's not the right answer though!  I guess it comes down to how
appropriate it is for particular instances, and how practical it's
likely to be.

> Perhaps email clients supporting RFC3676 style text would be progess.

Funny, but that's the first time I've even heard of that RFC.  Reading
over it, it looks quite sensible too.

It'd be nice if all clients were capable of displaying fixed with text -
hey, I know!  We could just use html tags, like <pre> !  Problem solved!

/me ducks

--
    The majority of the stupid is invincible and guaranteed for
    all time.  The terror of their tyranny, however, is alleviated