working with folder-hooks

Ok, I thought I understood this folder-hook thing, but things are
not working as expected.  I have a mailbox /Maildir/sales/ which I
want the replies to be from "Sales <sales@...>", with a unique sig.
So this is what I added to my ~.muttrc:

folder-hook . set from="me@..."; \
              set realname="Sam Carleton"; \
              set signature="~/.signature"

folder-hook 'sales' set from="sales@..."; \
                    set realname="Sales"; \
                    set signature="~/.signature.sales"

Ok, so everything works fine when in in the sales mailbox, the
problem is that when composing a email in another mailbox, it is
from "Sales <me@...>" and it has the Sales sig, so for some reason
the second two commends of the folder-hook . is not working.  Any
ideas?

Sam