Re: piping body and starting mutt for manuel editing?

Salve Christoph,

thank you for you help,

Am Montag, 29. März 2004 16:29 schrieb Christoph Berg:
> you can't use piping in interactive mode;
;(

> using a pipe usually implies that you don't want to start an editor.

man vi|grep stdin|vi -
is working fine and man vi tells
--snipp--
-           The  file  to  edit  is read from stdin.  Commands are read from
        stderr, which should be a tty.
--snapp--

> You can use mutt -i to start
> with an initial content. Writing a shell script that "cat"s its input
> into a temporary file and then starts mutt -i tmpfile should be trivial.

Trivial, but not so smart, because it makes scrips longer and it needs a
tmpfile.

I fear you are right, that mutt can`t do (yet) what I was looking for, so when
I want mutt to work with stio in this way, I would have to fork it, or to
write a muttloader script (will be posted here) ;)

Thanks again, and greetings
rob