Re: alternates

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 07:06:51PM EST, downtime null wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 05:47:23PM +0000, Neil Durant wrote:
> > downtime null wrote:

> maybe there's something stupid in there. take a look.
>
> set alternates="(\
> ((mutt-test|mutt-test-2|downtime|rstinnett)@austin\\.rr\\.com)\
> |((downtime|rstinnett)@grandecom\\.net)\
> |((bfmh|rstinnett)@bigfatmeaniehead\\.com)\
> |((downtime|rstinnett)@downtimenull\\.com)\
> |(rstinnett@apexwireless\\.biz)\
> )"

In your particular case, you probably want to take advantage of the new
feature to simplify your RC file:
alternates (mutt-test|mutt-test-2|downtime|rstinnett)@austin\.rr\.com \
           (downtime|rstinnett)@grandecom\.net \
           (bfmh|rstinnett)@bigfatmeaniehead\.com \
#LOL :-)
           (downtime|rstinnett)@downtimenull\.com \
           rstinnett@apexwireless\.biz

Note that you'll need to add ([+].*)? before each "@"
sign if you want resources to work correctly.  You'll also
probably want to prepend a "^" and append a "$" to each entry, so
rstinnett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx isn't mistaken as one of your
addys.  An easy way to get all of that is to use my makealternatesrc
[1] script, which as a bonus can even generate the old format for
you if you use the --compat flag.  It takes as input a simple list
of regexps each of wich needs to match the entire address.  Mine [2]
is available.  It produces an RC fragment as output.  (Once again, mine
[3] is available.)  I've also included below a fragment [4] of my makefile
[5], so you can get started quickly and easily :-)

Enjoy,
 - Dave

BTW - Needless to say, my entire Mutt config (save a few files for others'
privacy reasons) is available online [6], as well.

[1]
http://www.bigfatdave.com/dave/mutt/muttdir/makealternatesrc

[2]
http://www.bigfatdave.com/dave/mutt/muttdir/my_addys

[3]
http://www.bigfatdave.com/dave/mutt/muttdir/alternatesrc

[4]
alternatesrc: my_addys makealternatesrc
        makealternatesrc < my_addys > alternatesrc

[5]
http://www.bigfatdave.com/dave/mutt/muttdir/Makefile

[6]
http://www.bigfatdave.com/dave/mutt/muttdir/