Re: Who owns the mutt process?

Earlier today, Dale A. Raby wrote:

> There is indeed a configuration file... a rather important one that is
> called the .muttrc.  It should be located in your home directory, as
> each user needs a different one.  Take a look at "man muttrc" for all
> the gory details.  It isn't as intimidating as it looks at first.

Um... I don't have a .muttrc file anywhere. There is a Muttrc file at
/usr/local/etc/Muttrc, however, and I see that it is the mutt
configuration file ( most everything in it is commented out, though ). So
how do I generate a .muttrc file? I've used mutt to send emails from the
command line already but obviously just using mutt did not do it.

And if I may ask a separate question:
Do attachments have to be in any particular place to be 'attached'? When I
tried to attach a file by giving an absolute path to it, mutt couldn't
find it. However when the file was in the working directory from which I
called mutt, it worked just fine. Conversely, using a "-i" (included file)
worked ok with the absolute path.

Also, Kresten Kjeldgaard, aka Gathond, you are right, and I was mistaken.
mutt is not a service or daemon so the instance of it runs as the user who
invoked it. My apologies...

Thank you both for responding.

dave