Re: Flags in folder view

On 2004-03-13 14:53+0100, René Clerc wrote:
> * Dave Edwards <erratico@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [13-03-2004 00:14]:
>
> > 'man muttrc', under 'folder_format', suggests that the format strings %N
> > and %t in the folder view, should show the existence of new or tagged
> > messages.  However, this is not happening for me, neither with the
> > default folder_format string or my preferred one,
> > "%2C %t %N %-15.15f  %d".  What might be going wrong here?
>
> The description of folder_format says:
>
> %t     * if the file is tagged, blank otherwise
>
> No '*' will be printed if a mailbox contains tagged messages.
> Mailboxes can't contain tagged messages;  it is only possible to tag
> (i.e. "select) messages in the current mailbox.  Tags are not stored.
>
> The folder_format is used for the file browser.  When you attach a
> file to a composed e-mail, you can enter the file browser, and tag
> files.

Thanks for the reply, René.

I like to use the file browser as a sort of monitor of all my mailboxes,
accessing it from the message index with "c?".  Since writing the note
at the top of this thread, I've discovered the hitting <tab> while in
the file browser shows mailboxes rather than files, and will show ones
that contain new messages with a "N".

However, the files view is the default rather than the mailbox one.
Also, the mailbox view seems to need manual refreshing to show new
messages, e.g. you have to <tab> in and out of the view.

So my updated questions are:
1) Can the default view of the file browser be made the mailbox view?
2) Can that view be made to monitor mailboxes for new messages without
manual refreshing?

Dave.
--
Dave Edwards <dleSympaticoCa>