Re: Not listing old messages

Hello Andrei,

* On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 01:08:22PM -0600 Andrei Bazhgin wrote:
> Hello. Sorry if this question has already been answered somewhere ;)
> I am subscribed to a lot of mailing-lists (mainly sourceforge-related) and I
> get
> a lot of messages every day that I dont even view. When I open my mailboxes,
> Mutt jumps to the first unread message that is a few months old. Is there a
> way
> to not have the index display messages that are of a sertain age or older?

I think you want to look up the command "limit" (normally, it's bound to
"l" - see http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/manual-6.html#ss6.4) and the
patterns which are possible:

  http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/manual-4.html#ss4.2

For example, you can show only new message "l ~N", not show old messages
"l !~O", message less than 1 month old "l ~d <1m", and so on (the last
example is directly from the link above!)

HTH,
   Spiro.

--
Spiro R. Trikaliotis