Re: mutt waits for the $EDITOR

Hi,

At 11:47 PM PST on February 23 Joshua N Pritikin sent off:
> Since I use X11, emacsclient runs in a separate window (not in mutt's
> terminal).  So it doesn't make sense that mutt is "Waiting for
> Emacs..."  I mean, why can't it wait for emacs in the background and
> allow me to look at other emails at the same time?

mutt is waiting to get the edited message back.  If it detached the editor
it would have to periodically check if the editor process had exited.

The "Waiting for Emacs..." message from emacsclient should really be
"Waiting for you to finish editing <buffer> in <window name>...".  I
don't know how easy it would be to add that to emacsclient.

--
GPG/PGP Keys: http://astro.utoronto.ca/~reid/pgp.html
      Wise men make proverbs, fools repeat them.  - Japanese proverb