Re: dumb SMTP program for Solaris wanted

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 08:05:23AM -0800, Roy S. Rapoport wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 03:56:58PM +0000, Chris Green wrote:
> > Can anyone suggest an SMTP program that does compile reasonably easily
> > on Solaris?  (or even better point me at a ready built binary)
>
> sendmail.

Ha, ha!  :-)

I suppose it is an option if someone can give me *simple* instructions
for configuring sendmail to always send mail to a 'smart host' via an
ssh tunnel.  I do have root access to my desktop machine which is
where I want to do this.

Getting sendmail to send to a smarthost isn't too bad I guess (I can
always dig out my sendmail book) but can sendmail be persuaded to send
to a funny port number on localhost so it uses my ssh tunnel?

--
Chris Green (chris@xxxxxxxxxxx)