Determining if any messages where tagged in a macro?

When defining a macro, is there anyway to apply an action only if some messages where tagged? The problem I'm running into is that my macro executes it's 'do stuff' part even when there are no messages tagged, resulting in it acting on the current message. (Which isn't really what I want.)

E.g.,  if you have something like:

macro index .f "T~f foo@xxxxxxx\n;s=foo\n$"

It works if you have messages from foo, but if you don't, it will move the current message (which isn't from foo).

Any suggestions or tips?  Have other folks run into this?

[ My apologies if this is documented somewhere and I've missed it. I tried searching the mutt-users archives, mutt.org & google groups without much luck. ]

Thanks,
-Bill