Re: navigating in the index

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 11:08:18AM +0000, Ian Partridge wrote:
Hi,

This is probably a no-brainer, but I couldn't see it in the
reference section of the manual.

When I'm in the index and press 'd' to mark a message for
deletion, I can't seem to be able to return the indictor to that
message if I then wish to undelete it. The 'j' and 'k' keys are
bound to next-undeleted and previous-undeleted, respectively.

I couldn't see a simple 'next-message' and 'previous-message'
command that I could map keys to.

Try J and K (Shift-j and Shift-K).  These are bound to next-entry and
previous-entry.

Is there one, or an alternative answer? Ideally I'd like to map
my arrow keys to next-undeleted and previous-undeleted, and 'j'
and 'k' to next-message and previous-message. How can I do this?

I don't know specifically how to reference the up and down arrow keys but if
you can figure that out...

For your .muttrc

macro index j <next-entry>
macro index k <previous-entry>

macro index <up-arrow> <previous-undeleted>
macro index <down-arrow> <next-undeleted>

You can find the available commands for each section (index, pager, compose,
etc) at the end of the mutt manual.  I am running Suse 8.2 and they put the
manual in /usr/share/doc/packages/mutt.
HTH.

--
Michael