Re: A Laundry List of Mutt Issues

> Issue 2:
>
>     My email is at "domain.com", and has the login name "user+domain.com".
>     When I use:
>
>       account-hook imap://domain.com/ 'set imap_user=user+domain.com
> imap_pass=password'
>       mutt -f imap://domain.com/
>
>     then Mutt functions perfectly.  The problem is that I have two
>     accounts at domain.com.  When I tried:
>
>       account-hook imap://user+domain.com@xxxxxxxxxx/ 'set
> imap_user=user+domain.com imap_pass=password'
>       mutt -f imap://user+domain.com@xxxxxxxxxx/
>
>     then I was still asked for a password.  The version:
>
>       account-hook imap://user+domain.com@xxxxxxxxxx/ 'set imap_pass=password'
>       mutt -f imap://user+domain.com@xxxxxxxxxx/
>
>     is unable to log in.

Might it be that the problem ist, that the second argument to
account-hook is a regular expression. And IMHO + might be interpreted as
a special character. Try

account-hook imap://user\+domain.com@xxxxxxxxxx/ 'set imap_user=user+domain.com
imap_pass=password'

and tell us what happens.

Unfortunately I can't find a hint in the muttrc-manpage what flaviour of
regular expressions are used in mutt. Man, regular expressions are
great. But if you use them in vim, sed and perl (and maybe awk too) you
get some sort of brain damage... :-)

--
cu
  --== Jerri ==--