Re: Binding backspace key while using screen

On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 02:03:54PM -0500, David Fishburn wrote:

> > > This did not require recompiling screen.
> >
> > nor did my suggested fix.
>
> Ahh, when you mentioned compiliing it with tic, I didn't know what tic was.
>
> I just read man tic, this solution seems much better.
> Thanks for the hint.

Yup, what he pointed out is a much better fix.  My suggestion for
the .screenrc was simply a workaround to avoid having to deal with
termcap/terminfo annoyances.  The ideal fix would be to locate your
termcap/terminfo databases and fix them to agree with each other (making
sure to save your patch, so you don't lose your fix(es) when you upgrade
your system).

 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel