Re: pdf attachments as Q-P

On Sat, Dec 20, 2003 at 03:24:19PM -0500, David T-G wrote:
:
: I have found that attaching a PDF to an email leads to a type of
: quoted-printable instead of application/*.
:
: I have application/pdf for pdf in ~/mime.types but it is obviously
: not being picked up.  I thus do not know if it is a mutt setting,
: a mime.types setting, or a path issue.
:
: Where do I need to tweak to recognize PDF, and what MIME type and
: magic string should I use?

According to the docs:

        http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/manual-5.html

        When you add an attachment to your mail message, Mutt searches
        your personal mime.types file at ${HOME}/.mime.types, and then
        the system mime.types file at /usr/local/share/mutt/mime.types
        or /etc/mime.types

It looks like your personal MIME type file should be ~/.mime.types
instead of ~/mime.types