mutt death--stale mbox

        I have been using mutt on an ssh connection, and all too frequently
        the connection is terminated before mutt.

        I'm not sure what signal mutt gets, but it quits without writing the
        mailfile.

        A few options:

        Is there any way to autoupdate/write the mail spool to disk
        at a regular interval?

        Is there a signal that will make mutt write to disk like an exit does?

        On that note, is there a way to specify that mutt should write on a
        specific signal, like the one that it's getting from sshd when my
        connection dies?

        I've gone through the mail archives and man pages to find nothing at
        all about this and it's making me wonder just how completely obvious
        the answer is.