Re: Another rename file function

Hi folks,

> an idea for an intelligent rename-file function in the compose menu
> would be one that does not actually rename the file it is applied to but
> which leaves the original file untouched and only changes the attachment
> name so that the file name is different only for the recipient. Thus one
> might call it a rename-attachment or a recipient-filename function.

such a function can be very helpful for example if you have the files
main.c and main.c~ and you want your collegue get main.c~ as main.c
of if you have
ex01.pdf and ex02.pdf and ex02.pdf should become ex01.pdf on the
recipient side and you wish to preserve your own filename structure.

I imagine simply changing the attachment filename should be as easy as
changing the attachment type or the transfer encoding and easy to
implement but I am no volunteer to create this function. Maybe someone
else can do this.

Best regards

Jens