managing attachments

I'm pretty new to mutt.  I came from pine after about 10 years.

I can't find the right methods to manage attachments...  Compared to
pine, attachment management is either much better or much worse than
pine.  Here's what I see.

Mutt has the ability to muck with the mime spec when reading an
attachment or when sending one.  Very nice.

When forwarding several messages with Pine, all attachments for all
the messages can be included (depending on your config).  The
attachments are all organized in a nice hierarchy.  This capability
seems to be absent in Mutt, or at least, I can't find it.  I know that
"resend-message" will preserve the attachment structure, but that will
handle a single message, not multiple messages.  (I've tried multiple
messages by tagging them, but I just get multiple, separate messages.)

Any ideas?

TIA,
Bill