pager_format

I'm a mutt newbie (came from pine-land), and I'm running Red Hat 9
distro, mutt v. 1.4i.  I think I've tripped across a problem with
pager_format.  I wanted to set it so the name of the current folder
appears in the status bar, but non the the formatting tokens seemed to
work.

I have a workaround for now (I set page_index_lines = 1), but this
version of mutt does not seem to work the way the documentation
indicates.  Have I missed anything?  Fixed in a newer version?

Thanks,
Bill