Re: sending from command line

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 10:20:21AM +0200, Sybase #3 wrote:
> Hi mutt-users
>
> OS: Solaris 8
> Required: To send mail attachment(s) from command line
> Knowledge of unix: dangerous
> mutt: 1.4

I use mutt under Solaris (2.6 in my case).

> I am in a difficult position at a company - we need to send mail
> attachment(s) to a recipient. And I know from reading that mutt can do this.
> The problem I have is the following:
>
> 1. I have compiled the program
> 2. I have run the 'make install' command
> 3. I have started to use it...

So you've done pretty well!  :-)

> But...
>
> I need a PGP key for some reason - i.e. When I press (g) to send the mail, I
> need type in a key. I dont have PGP installed - (1) can I omit the request
> for this?

I don't understand why you're using 'g', that means 'group reply'.

> Also, I need to send this from command line, through a third party software
> (datastage). i therefore cannot respond to prompts that mutt may have - it
> should just send the mail, no questions/verifications needed - (2) Is this
> possible?

Yes, try 'man mutt', that gives you the command line options, but basically
you need:-

    mutt -s subject -a attachment <message

(where attacment and message are filenames)

--
Chris Green (chris@xxxxxxxxxxx)