script address selection

I have written a litle script for address-selection from the
abook-addressboook.

Here is the script:

#!/bin/bash

mutt $(cat /home/william/.abook/address book | grep $1 | grep '@' | awk '{print
$2}')

exit 0

This script has 2 problems:

1.: There must be a space between the = , after the word "email" and the
address.

2.: Some e-mails are noted on the following way:
email=name firstname <firstname@xxxxxxxxxxx>
This lines aren't interpreted correctly.
It must be something like this:
email= firstname@xxxxxxxxxxx

How can I implement a function in this script that reformat the lines
with the email-address in the correct way (if they are wrong);
Or , how can I handle in this script with this strange notation so that
I have the correct e-mail-addresses?

Is it possible that the notation " email=name firstname
<firstname@xxxxxxxxxxx> "
is coming from the pine addressbook?
Before mutt with abook , I have used pine with his integrated
addressbook.
When changing from pine to mutt+abook I have converted the pine
addressbook with the convert-function of abook.

best regards
William Windels