Handling of shift+return

My ISP recently did an OS upgrade, and since then I've noticed a change in
behavior.

If I hold down shift and press return, mutt does not treat it as a normal
return.  Previously on this system, mutt treated shift+return and return
the same.

This is inconvenient when I want to change to my inbox, because I
habitually type 'c shift+1 shift+return', hitting return before I release
the shift key.  Instead of changing to my inbox, I end up with: 'Open
mailbox: !OM' displayed.

I've also tested this on a different system, and shift+return is treated
the same as return there.

So, my question is, is there a way to get mutt to treat shift+return the
same as return?

thanks!
Ronald

---

Info for the system where shift+return is not the same as return:

  Mutt 1.4.1i (2003-03-19)
  Copyright (C) 1996-2002 Michael R. Elkins and others.
  Mutt comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `mutt -vv'.
  Mutt is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
  under certain conditions; type `mutt -vv' for details.

  System: FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE (i386) [using ncurses 5.1]
  Compile options:
  -DOMAIN
  -DEBUG
  -HOMESPOOL  +USE_SETGID  +USE_DOTLOCK  +DL_STANDALONE
  -USE_FCNTL  +USE_FLOCK
  +USE_POP  +USE_IMAP  -USE_GSS  +USE_SSL  -USE_SASL
  +HAVE_REGCOMP  -USE_GNU_REGEX
  +HAVE_COLOR  +HAVE_START_COLOR  +HAVE_TYPEAHEAD  +HAVE_BKGDSET
  +HAVE_CURS_SET  +HAVE_META  +HAVE_RESIZETERM
  +HAVE_PGP  -BUFFY_SIZE -EXACT_ADDRESS  -SUN_ATTACHMENT
  +ENABLE_NLS  -LOCALES_HACK  +COMPRESSED  -HAVE_WC_FUNCS
  +HAVE_LANGINFO_CODESET  +HAVE_LANGINFO_YESEXPR
  +HAVE_ICONV  -ICONV_NONTRANS  +HAVE_GETSID  +HAVE_GETADDRINFO
  ISPELL="/usr/local/bin/ispell"
  SENDMAIL="/usr/sbin/sendmail"
  MAILPATH="/var/mail"
  PKGDATADIR="/usr/local/share/mutt"
  SYSCONFDIR="/usr/local/etc"
  EXECSHELL="/bin/sh"
  -MIXMASTER
  To contact the developers, please mail to <mutt-dev@xxxxxxxx>.
  To report a bug, please use the flea(1) utility.

  vvv.initials
  1.3.28.nr.threadcomplete
  patch-1.4.1.rr.compressed.1

Info for the system where shift+return is the same as return:

  Mutt 1.4i (2002-05-29)
  Copyright (C) 1996-2001 Michael R. Elkins and others.
  Mutt comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `mutt -vv'.
  Mutt is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
  under certain conditions; type `mutt -vv' for details.

  System: IRIX 6.5 (IP32) [using slang 10404]
  Compile options:
  -DOMAIN
  -DEBUG
  +HOMESPOOL  -USE_SETGID  +USE_DOTLOCK  +DL_STANDALONE
  -USE_FCNTL  -USE_FLOCK
  +USE_POP  +USE_IMAP  -USE_GSS  +USE_SSL  -USE_SASL
  -HAVE_REGCOMP  +USE_GNU_REGEX
  +HAVE_COLOR  -HAVE_START_COLOR  -HAVE_TYPEAHEAD  -HAVE_BKGDSET
  -HAVE_CURS_SET  -HAVE_META  -HAVE_RESIZETERM
  +HAVE_PGP  +BUFFY_SIZE -EXACT_ADDRESS  -SUN_ATTACHMENT
  -ENABLE_NLS  -LOCALES_HACK  +COMPRESSED  -HAVE_WC_FUNCS
  +HAVE_LANGINFO_CODESET  +HAVE_LANGINFO_YESEXPR
  +HAVE_ICONV  -ICONV_NONTRANS  +HAVE_GETSID  -HAVE_GETADDRINFO
  ISPELL="/usr/local/bin/ispell"
  SENDMAIL="/usr/lib/sendmail"
  MAILPATH="Mail/inbox"
  PKGDATADIR="/usr/local/share/mutt"
  SYSCONFDIR="/usr/local/etc"
  EXECSHELL="/bin/sh"
  -MIXMASTER
  To contact the developers, please mail to <mutt-dev@xxxxxxxx>.
  To report a bug, please use the flea(1) utility.

  patch-1.4.rr.compressed.1

Plus, as I said, on the first system shift+return and return were the same
before the OS upgrade, but I don't have the info from mutt for that point
in time.