Re: Tagging threads containing messages that match a pattern

On Tue 25-Nov-2003 at 02:41:49PM -0700, Daniel Teichert wrote:

> One of the things we'll want to do sometimes is search for each
> record (i.e., thread) that matches certain criteria; e.g., each
> thread corresponds to a single hardware item--we want to know
> which items/threads have emails containing 'type: computer', 'os:
> debian' and 'mail-client-installed: mutt'. Note that it is not
> necessarily the case that all lines are found in the same email,
> just in the same thread.

It would be great if mutt had a match-thread modifier (like the
existing ! ^ modifiers), but it doesn't.

However, there is another way of doing this, mairix will let you
search mail folders and match messages with their accompanying
threads:

    http://www.rrbcurnow.freeuk.com/mairix/

You can use mutt to view the results.

--