Re: Operations on many messages

On Mon, Nov 17 2003 at 02:14:58AM BRST, Aaron <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey everyone.
>
> I got a neat macro for setting all of the messages in a particular
> mailbox as "read", but what I could really use is a way to delete the
> first couple thousand messages (or, ideally, any range of messages). It
> would be very helpful for trimming my mailing list mailboxes.

        tag them?

        T ~m 10-1000 RET
        ;d

        That is, "tag all messages matching the following pattern: message
in range 10-1000", then "apply the following to all tagged messages:
delete".

                rbp
--
 Rodrigo Bernardo Pimentel                         <rbp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
 http://isnomore.net                          GPG KeyId: <0x0DB14978>

One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that, lacking
zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of their C programs.
          -- Robert Firth