Re: If too many addresses in To:

On 2003-11-14, Anca Tibor- Attila <tibor-attila.anca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 03:02:43PM -0800 schrieb Gary Johnson:
>
> Hello,
>
> > Not directly, but my mail-to-filter script may do what you want.
> >
> >     http://www.spocom.com/users/gjohnson/mutt/#tocc
> >

> Thanks you a lot! Do I have to copy the filter to /usr/bin or where to?

It can be anywhere in your PATH.  Where is pretty much up to you.
It's generally a good idea to keep stuff that you write or download
yourself separate from the files that came with your OS
distribution.  One way to do that, if you're the system
administrator, is to put them in /usr/local/bin.  Another way is to
put them in your private bin, ~/bin.  Then, depending on how your
$PATH is already set, you may have to put a line like this in your
~/.profile:

    PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin

Don't forget to make the script executable, e.g., from the command
line in the directory in which you put the script, execute

    chmod a+x mail-to-filter

Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division