Re: New Tab in Mozilla

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 04:46:31PM +0100, Anca Tibor- Attila wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using mozilla (1.5) in urlview to open the links. Does somebody
> know, how can I tell (parameter) urlview to use the open instance of
> mozilla, just opening a new tab for the link?
>
> Many thanks,
> Tibor

I use the following commands in .urlview:

REGEXP  (((https?|ftp|gopher)://|(mailto|file|news):)[^'
\t<>"]+|(www|web|w3)\.[-a-z0-9.]+)
COMMAND mozilla.sh %s > /dev/null 2>/dev/null &

and use the script mozilla.sh to start either a new instance of mozilla or
use and already open instance and just use a new tab:

#!/bin/sh
URL=$@
/opt/mozilla -remote "openurl($URL, new-tab)" || /opt/mozilla $URL

I didn't invent this nice solution, but got it from A. S. Budden over this
list. But it works perfectly for me.

Malte

                              Malte Neumann
Institut fuer Baustatik / Institute of Structural Mechanics
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ekkehard Ramm
Universitaet Stuttgart / University of Stuttgart

Pfaffenwaldring 7, D-70550 Stuttgart, Germany

mailto:neumann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx            phone: ++49-711-685-6121
http://www.uni-stuttgart.de/ibs/members/neumann/  fax:   ++49-711-685-6130