Re: [OT] Any mutt-like webmail program?

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 05:33:00 at 05:33:00AM +0100, io (m.fioretti@xxxxxxxxx)
wrote:

> Gladly, but I wouldn't even know how to start. I know some
> cgi/php/perl, but how would I tell mutt from a CGI/php script "tell
> me how to display threads in HTML"? in such a way that clicking on
> some link will mean "hey mutt, let's reply to this message using the
> current folder hooks".
>
> Any clue is appreciated.

Maybe the problem should be split in:

1) display folder and message content a-la-mutt, threading and all

2) launching mutt to send one message

3) doing things to folder content (eg delete whole thread)

First item doesn't need mutt. One could have procmail pipe every
message to a script that builds MySQL database, and PHP looks at that
to display threads

Second one is (almost) trivial clicking on "send" causes mutt to be
launched with proper command line options. But how to handle replies
and forwards?

Third is tricky to me. How do I tell mutt on the command line to enter
a folder and delete a thread? Some macro built on the fly?
Suggestions?

Ciao,
        Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

A dream will always triumph over reality, once it is given the chance.
                                                Stanislaw Lem