Re: Editing attachment content type

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 08:40:35PM +0100, Kresten Kjeldgaard wrote:

> The function to edit content type on allready recieved messages are
> handy, but mutt doesn't seem to actually update the message on my imap
> server, so the next time the same folder is opened the changes are gone,

Editing the content type of a message and of an attachment are different.
When you edit a message, the old message is marked deleted and a new
one is created.

When you edit the content-type of an attachment, it's simply changed
for the in-memory copy of the message, so you can view the attachment
with your favorite program easily.

> are there any way to save this when you leave the folder.

You may be able to copy your changed version of the message to "save"
the results of editing content-types of attachments, but I've never
tried that.

HTH,
 - Dave

Please visit this link: