Can't store colleague's S/MIME certificate

Last week I asked a question about how to use the S/MIME commands for
storing received certificates and received the helpful hint about ^K.
Thanks for that.

When I try to store my colleagues certificate I get a prompt asking
for a label, and then when I enter one I get the following message

~/.smime/certificates/123abcde.0 is already installed.

This is the same cert that is installed when I use smime_keys to add
my own PKCS12 certificate. I think I'm missing something here. When I
use other mail tools (e.g., Thunderbird Enigmail and Mozilla) there
is never any collision. My colleagues certificate is completely
separate from mine. When I look at the text outputs they certainly
appear different.

I've already removed my cert; installed my colleague's; and then
tried to add my cert again and it seems to produce a certificate with
the exact same name.

Mutt 1.5.4i built on Mac OS X. Any help greatly appreciated.

Bill Anderson