mutt 1.5.4 strips <> from addresses when displaying them

Can I configure mutt to show me the real address headers, not
modified for display (using the internal pager, not resorting to
|more)?

Here's the problem: I got spam with this To: header:

To: <made@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

but mutt 1.5.4i displays it as:

To: made@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

which caused me to enter that format into my procmailrc file to
classify the mail as spam. However, that didn't work because it
doesn't match the real header :-(

mutt 1.0 displays the header in its original format.

Is there a switch to keep mutt 1.5 from "sanitizing" mail addresses
when displaying them (besides --enable-exact-address which is broken
according to INSTALL)?