Re: gpg error

* Bryan Bibb <bryan.bibb@xxxxxxxxxx> [09-10-2003 20:42]:

> I'm using Mutt 1.4.1i with GPG 1.2.2.  I've created my keys and
> exported my public key to a few servers.  GPG seems to be working fine
> with the console commands (recieving my key, signing and encrpyting,
> etc.)
>
> When I compose a message, the signing seems to work.  However, I
> cannot extract any keys from messages, including my own. When I do ^K,
> I get the following error:
>
>    gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
>    gpg: Total number processed: 0
>    Press any key to continue...
>
> Is this the right method to use?  Where might my problem be?  I set up
> Mutt for GPG by sourcing the gpg.rc file that came with my version of
> Mutt.

Are you sure that the message you're trying to extract a key from
actually *contains* a key?  Keys are not attached with a signed
message.  You can retrieve keys from peoples homepages, keyservers and
the like.

--
René Clerc                      - (rene@xxxxxxxx) - PGP: 0x9ACE0AC7

Retteb sif lahd, noces ehttub, but the second half is better.
-A palindrome