Re: duplicate messages

On Thursday 09 October 2003 09:31 pm, Allister MacLeod wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 02:26:12PM -0400, Adam Kosmin wrote:
> > Is anyone aware of a script/tool that can elimate duplicate
> > messages that already exist in a mailbox? If not, I'll try and
> > write a bash script that makes use of the message ID.
>
> See also David Kelly's posting earlier in this thread, about using
> procmail and formail.

As a means of experimenting with procmail recipes at times I have
created a maildir folder of my test messages. Then something like:

#!/bin/sh
for i in $*
do
        cat $i | procmail test_procmailrc
done

Or if mbox format do something like:

% cat mbox | formail -s "procmail test_procmailrc"

IIRC the quotes are needed to lump procmail's arguments for formail.
Notice that I'm overriding the default search path for a procmailrc
file as I don't want to mess with the one that is working and in
service when I'm experimenting. The experimental one sorts to a
different place, too.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@xxxxxxxxxx