Re: my_hdr as unknown command rejected

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 06:58:09AM -0500, Michael Herman wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 11:31:36AM +0100, Al Girling wrote:
<snip>
> ># User defined headers
> >my_hdr X-Operating-System: Debian GNU/linux `uname -r`
> >
> >Which works fine.  I also have a similar thing using a shell account on
> >a NetBSD machine which works well.  Is this a SuSE thing?  I rather
> >doubt it, but I'd like to know why it's necessary to use a hook?
> >

> Am I being to nit-picky?  You OS is Linux (or GNU-Linux).  Your distro is
> Debian.

Hmm, a bit. :)  I have it written like this because the Debian people
seem to put a lot of importance on calling the OS GNU/Linux.  Certainly
Debian is the distro, but I include it in the OS name for clarity.
Otherwise it would be a bit like a FreeBSD user simply saying their OS
was UNIX.  While it's accurate, it doesn't give much detail.  I hope you
can see my reasoning behind this, however flawed it may be. :)

I'd still like to know why Anca's 'my_hdr' doesn't work.  Or have you
solved this Anca?

Toodle pip,

Al
--
Al Girling                      Registered Linux User: 290080
                                http://counter.li.org