Can you force word wrap at a given column?

Is there a way to force mutt to always word wrap at, say, column 72, no
matter the length of the incoming mail?  Some folks using Other Clients
don't wrap at all, and at least on my box that means that the message
line extends all the way to the end of the rxvt window before wrapping.
I've tried the various wrap tricks from .muttrc but the best I can get
is a wrap at the end of the window without a broken word, with or
without markers.