IMAP connection not working

I can telnet just fine to my IMAP host but mutt can't connect to it.

The message I get is:

Could not find the host

I have Googled to death. I have tried different versions. I have tried different servers (also running IMAP) to see if its a just specific to that host. I have tried with and without SSL. I have tried different versions of mutt, even compiling and building the latest development snapshot with:

configure --enable-imap --enable-pop --with-ssl

Still no luck. I compiled in debugging support but Im not sure how to get a dump of debug messages since the screen is redrawn.

So what is the big secret to  getting IMAP working?!

--
Aj.
Systems Administrator / Developer