Nesting quotes in .rc commands...

Hi All,

I'm wondering how I can nest ' and " characters in my muttrc file...

In particular I want to do something along the lines of

 send-hook . 'set attribution="G'Day %v,\n\n* %n <%a> [%(%y%m%d %H:%M)]:"'

i.e.
 * Have single quotes around the whole set attribution command so it
   can be a single command for send-hook.
 * Use double quotes around the attribution (as is needed).
 * Have a single quote in the attribution.

I have tried the above which fails, because it sees the second single
quote (after the G') as the end of the quoting and sees the last
single quote as part of the attribution.  Thus I get

  GDay ...

  * blah blah blah [...]:'

The next thing I tried was back-slashing the quote, i.e. G\'Day, which
did nothing.  The quote vanished and I got the above behaviour.

The obvious solution is to have the set attrib in another file which I
then source at the send-hook.

However can anyone tell me whether I can have nested quotes if I felt
the need...

Thanks,

S.

--
European Citizens: Please do a little work to convince the European
Parliament to reject software patents. This page explains the issue