Re: Piping to openoffice

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 02:21:29PM +0200, Zbynek Houska wrote:
> Dear mutt users,
>
> is it possible to pipe documents made in MS office to Openoffice? When I
> simply save them I have problems to open them later.

I assume that you want to open attached MS Word document using
OpenOffice. For that you shall tune your mailcap. OpenOffice
installation usually puts ~/.mailcap that allows opening OpenOffice
attachments in OpenOffice. All you need is to the content-types of MS
documents and add them to the mailcap file following the pattern.

Still, not all MS docs can be opened by OpenOffice. And normally saving
an attachment shall work perfectly (at least it does for me). So either
you save attachment incorrectly, or you received broken document, or
OpenOffice simply can't handle it.

--
Andrei